tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Inma Marín López <>
Subject RV: Memory problem in Tomcat
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 13:12:04 GMT

I have a web service running in Tomcat (v 5.5.4) + axis (v 1.2). It receives
a file and it makes some operations with that file. When receiving small
files (<2Mb) the web service executes successfully; however, with files of
bigger size, the service throws InvocationTargetException (the service is
unable to invoke a particular method) or even goes out of memory.

For those big files, I have tried to change the value of “OPT=-Xmx128M”,
within ‘’ file in /log directory in Tomcat, and made it
bigger, testing with different values (currently, it has value
“-Xmx8388608M”), but I get the same results.

Could you be so kind as to tell me if it is a matter of memory configuration
in Tomcat and how can I solve it, please?

Thank you very much in advance.