tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Oliver Wagner" <li...@wagner-www.de>
Subject AW: error while running a webapp
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 23:24:21 GMT
Thanks for your hint. The PDF can be reached at:

http://www.tv-wetzlar-badminton.de/errorMessageTomcat.pdf

the code from the Method conOK:

public boolean conOK(int pointer) {
 PreparedStatement pstmt = null;
 try {
  pstmt = con[pointer].prepareStatement("SELECT * FROM kostensaetze");
  pstmt.executeQuery();
 } catch (Exception e) {
  return false;
 } finally {
  try {
   if (pstmt != null)
    pstmt.close();
  } catch (Exception e) {}
 }
 return true;
}

This method should test if the connection is still ok. I hope someone can help me.

tia, Oli

PS:
I think the DB close the connection while the tomcat is running and I don't know (at my Connection-Pool)
how to know when that happened. Because isClosed() don’t care about that problem. :-(