tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Oliver Wagner" <>
Subject AW: error while running a webapp
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 23:24:21 GMT
Thanks for your hint. The PDF can be reached at:

the code from the Method conOK:

public boolean conOK(int pointer) {
 PreparedStatement pstmt = null;
 try {
  pstmt = con[pointer].prepareStatement("SELECT * FROM kostensaetze");
 } catch (Exception e) {
  return false;
 } finally {
  try {
   if (pstmt != null)
  } catch (Exception e) {}
 return true;

This method should test if the connection is still ok. I hope someone can help me.

tia, Oli

I think the DB close the connection while the tomcat is running and I don't know (at my Connection-Pool)
how to know when that happened. Because isClosed() don’t care about that problem. :-(

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message