tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andrew Stepanenko" <andrew.stepane...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struggling with basic database connection
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 08:57:18 GMT
Hello,

there is a difference between how resources are defined in 5.0 and
5.5. In 5.0 you could provide your resource definitions right in the
server.xml, but in 5.5 you need to create a separate context.xml file
($CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/<hostname>/context.xml) and put resource
definitions there.
See this link: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

I also had this problem when migrating from 5.0 to 5.5. After I
defined a separate context.xml it started to work again.

Regards,
--
Andrew Stepanenko,
http://unf.tane.edu.ua