tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "anjan bacchu" <anjan.sum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: max memory..
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 00:18:54 GMT
hi Rodrigo,

  The amount of continuous heap memory that is available to Java depends on
what software you have loaded on your
OS. What does your Task Manager indicate ? How about Process Explorer from
Microsoft(http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html) --
this tool gives you a more accurate reading of how much memory is being used
by the java process.

As I said earlier in my post, if you're using WIN2K, XP or 2003 server, then
using the /3GB switch in your BOOT.INI enables your programs to use a
maximum of  3 GB (if your system has 4 GB ram).

BR,
~A