tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ben Zahler <ben.zah...@ch.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Using IBM JSF components on tomcat
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 07:29:06 GMT
Sorry about this, it seems like my attachments have not worked properly.
The files should be stacktrace.txt and snippet.jsp for the code example.

sorry!
Ben

Ben Zahler/Switzerland/IBM@IBMCH
13.09.2006 09:05
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>

users@tomcat.apache.org
cc

Subject
Using IBM JSF components on tomcat

hi all,

I have a problem when using IBM-JSF components on tomcat. I know that is
not a very usual configuration, maybe someone has had similar problems.

This is the code which causes the problem:

And this is the Stacktrace displayed by IE:

Unfortunately, the error occurs in proprietary code, so it is difficult to
track the cause of the problem.

Here a few properties of the problem:
- The problem does not occur when using a websphere server
- the problem does not occur when using firefox
- when using tomcat and IE, the problem does not always occur. Depending
on the configuration the problem occurs between 5% and 50% of pages
loaded. With my laptop and a local tomcat I get 5% in our IBM test
environment and 50% at the client's test environment.
- the problem only occurs on large pages
- removing the id from the <selectitems>-tag will lead to "duplicate ids
on this page", the given id is a generated id.  I suspect a relationship
between that error and the error I get now, but obviously I cannot confirm
that.

I'd be very grateful for any suggestions!

thanks,

Ben[attachment "stacktrace.txt" deleted by Ben Zahler/Switzerland/IBM]