tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Mullin <>
Subject RE: Where is bootstrap.jar
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:07:17 GMT
I'm getting close.  I've download the most recent version, using the CGI
you sent me, but now when I execute it, it complains becuase I'm running
in a JAVA 1.4 environment, and I need the compatability package, as you

I'm at the apache site for Tomcat, and I can't find it.  Can you give me a
URL to it.

Kevin Mullin
Sr. Analyst
IBM Corporation
(206) 345-7068

"Caldarale, Charles R" <>
09/09/2006 02:41 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <>

"Tomcat Users List" <>

RE: Where is bootstrap.jar

> From: Kevin Mullin []
> Subject: Where is bootstrap.jar
> We have downloaded Apache Tomcat, V2.2.3

You may be a little confused.  The current version of Apache httpd is
2.2.3, but Tomcat is currently at 5.5.17.  The httpd product is C-based,
and would have to be ported to your platform.  Tomcat is pure Java, and
will run as is - once you actually download the correct package.

If your JRE is 1.4 based, you'll also need the Compatibility Package;
for 1.5 or later, no additions are necessary.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: