tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Mullin <mull...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Where is bootstrap.jar
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:32:46 GMT
We have downloaded Apache Tomcat, V2.2.3, and are attempting to install it
on our mainframe systems, running z/OS 1.7.  We also have something called
JZOS from IBM, which provides JCL for starting JAVA applications.  It came
with JCL to start up tomcat, but it fails with a class not found error,
looking for bootstrap.jar.  Should that have come with tomcat?  I'd like
some information regarding this missing jar file.  Where can I get it?

Also, I'd appreciate experience from anyone who has done this, installed
Tomcat on a mainframe system running z/OS 1.7 OS.

Kevin Mullin
Sr. Analyst
IBM Corporation
(206) 345-7068