tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Mullin <>
Subject Down to a single error
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:38:50 GMT
Thank to all who have been watching the problems I encountered.  Thanks to
a recent reply, I determined that I had bad copy of tomcat in the tar.gz
download from apache.  I download the .zip version and everything was
fine.  Well, almost everything.  I no longer got the class not found
exceptions looking for CompressionFilter.  I'm down to a single error, and
that is:

SEVERE: StandardServer.await: createÝ8005¨: EDC5111I Permission denied.

The first SEVER message I'm assuming was caused by the second message, the
bind failure.  Now, tomcat listens on port 808, so I assumed this meant
that port 8080 was in use, but its not.  I used netstat to verify this.
Does this message indicate something else?

Kevin Mullin
Sr. Analyst
IBM Corporation
(206) 345-7068