tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Aynalem, Seblewengel (Trawick)" <Seblewengel.Ayna...@USPTO.GOV>
Subject RE: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:43:57 GMT

The db and tomcat server are on the same machine.  No firewall is blocking the connection
and the server url is specified correctly.  How do you connect to the db server using fat
client?

Thanks for your help.

Seble.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Smith [mailto:dns4@cornell.edu]
Sent: Friday, September 29, 2006 8:13 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException

I don't use SQL Server, but I would think an I/O error would imply a
network problem initializing a connection to the server.  Are you sure
you specified the server's url correctly and there are no firewalls
blocking communication?  Can you connect to the db server from your
tomcat server using a standard fat client?

--David

Aynalem, Seblewengel (Trawick) wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I am using tomcat 5.5.17 and SQL Server 2000 (with SQL 2005 Driver).  I have a login page
that tries to connect to the database and verify user name and password but the following
error comes up: