tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Russ Bonsall" <>
Subject What happened to MailSessionFactory?
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 21:59:42 GMT
We just moved from Tomcat 5.5.17 to 5.5.20.  Our application uses the
JavaMail Session as a resource configured in the server.xml.  When
sending an email in our application I was getting the following

=20 javax.naming.NamingException: Could not create resource factory
instance [Root exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

org.apache.naming.factory.MailSessionFactory] at

org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(ResourceFact at
javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(Unknown Source)

I looked in the naming-factory.jar and could not find the
MailSessionFactory class.  It existed in 5.5.17 and 5.5.20-alpha, but
for some reason it is no longer there.  I dropped in the
naming-factory.jar file from the 5.5.17 version and it worked.

Obviously I can't trust that this won't cause other issues so in the
meantime we will revert back to 5.5.17.  Any idea why this class is
missing or if there is some replacement?