tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jim Weir" <>
Subject RE: Apache Tomcat Connector
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 18:50:46 GMT
>From: "Jim Weir" <>
>Subject: Apache Tomcat Connector
>Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 10:20:36 -0400
>To all,
>  My JK connector is working but I can't figure out how to forward to
>Tomcat.  How do I know?
>In my Catalina log file it says,
>INFO: JK2: ajp13 listening on /
>I tried many modifications to the httpd-vhosts.conf below and can generate
>an error in the mod_jk.log by changing "worker1" to "worker", it generates
>this error,
>[Tue Sep 05 10:09:56 2006] [12042:63168] [info]  jk_handler::mod_jk.c
>(1986): Could not find a worker for worker name=worker
>In my httpd-vhosts.conf I have,
><VirtualHost *:80>
>    ServerName
>   ServerAdmin
>   ServerAlias  *
>   DocumentRoot /usr/opt/tomcat/webapps/mysite/
>   Alias / /usr/opt/tomcat/webapps/mysite
>   JkMount /*.* worker
>   JkMount /*/servlet/ worker
>It seems to me that there's something in the httpd-vhosts.conf but I'm
>really no positive that's the case...could it be the server.xml?
>This is the entry I have in the server.xml,
><Host name="" appBase="webapps"
>       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
>       xmlValidation="false" xmlNamespaceAware="false">
>Thanks in advance for any advice,
>Call friends with PC-to-PC calling -- FREE
>To start a new topic, e-mail:
>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

I can now forward to tomcat and get a response but I can't get the URL
figured out...

However I can't access my site w/o appending the directory to the end of the
URL?  What do I need to do to fix this? doesn't work, works,

This is my httpd-vhosts.http,

<VirtualHost *:80>

   ServerAlias  *
   DocumentRoot /usr/opt/tomcat/webapps/mysite

   JkMount /mysite worker1
   JkMount /mysite/* worker1

I can get to my struts app by doing,

Thanks for your help,

Windows Live Spaces is here! Itís easy to create your own personal Web site.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message