tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <and...@2sheds.de>
Subject Re: moving to linux
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:58:35 GMT
Hi Rodrigo,

How long is a piece of string?

The 'Brand' of linux only really makes a difference for
administration purposes. Performance will be about the same on all,
depending mainly on which version of the kernel you are running.

Should you decide to go Linux, I would look at something with a
kernel > 2.6.12...

As for how many users - this really depends on how your app works,
and what hardware you have running in the background. Are the tomcats
even the problem? or is it the database in the backend?

You will find the new threading library in Linux 2.6 to be very
beneficial for tomcat with lots of threads.

Andrew