tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "LASSIEGE Hugo" <lassi...@sungard-finance.fr>
Subject [tomcat 5.5] Migrating from tomcat 5.0.x : context file
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 12:48:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently migrating from tomcat 5.0.x. My old applications works but
I still have a problem.

In my old context file (mywebapp.xml in Catalina/localhost), I gave a
path like this <context path="/myapp/module" ...>

But with tomcat 5.5.x, path is ignored and I can access to my app only
on http://localhost:8080/mywebapp/ (the name of my xml file)

In the documentation :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html, it is said
that :

The value of this field must not be set except when statically defining
a Context in server.xml, as it will be infered from the filenames used
for either the .xml context file or the docBase.

I'm not sure to understand. It is not possible to precise the path of my
application in tomcat 5.5.x except if I define my context statically in
server.xml ? (Although it is not recommended to do that :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/deployer-howto.html#A%20word%20o
n%20Contexts)

Any idea to define dynamically the path of my app ?

Best regards

Hugo

CONFIDENTIALITY:   This email (including any attachments) may contain
disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and delete this email from your system.  Thank you

CONFIDENTIALITE: Ce courrier electronique (pieces jointes incluses) peut contenir des informations
confidentielles, proprietaires et privilegiees,
dont la divulgation ou l'utilisation non-autorisee est interdite.
Si vous avez recu ce courrier electronique par erreur, nous vous remercions de bien vouloir
avertir l'expediteur et detruire ce courrier electronique
de votre systeme.
Merci.