tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Asensio, Rodrigo" <rodrigo.asen...@gilbarco.com>
Subject RE: max memory..
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 12:59:39 GMT
Im here again.
It's a 32 bits OS

Definely GC gonna take longer if has more to collect.

-----Original Message-----
From: anjan bacchu [mailto:anjan.summit@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:20 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: max memory..

can I move to 2048mb without any problem ? SURE, YES

4 GB RAM -- did you tune the BOOT.INI setting to use the /3GB setting so
that the user process address space goes to 3 GB(from 2 GB default) ?

related things for performance :
are you using the APR extension ?

how about tweaking the server.xml threads, max settings ?

does your server use virtual memory ? I have seen better memory when no
virtual memory is used.

BR,
~A

--