tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Döring Markus <Markus.Doer...@tcc-products.de>
Subject AW: Tomcat, MyFaces and JSP 2.1
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 09:01:11 GMT
Allready tryed to swap the JBoss-JEE.jar with the one from GlassFish, but not even JBoss starts
without anything deployed from me. Looks like JBoss is hardly depending on its own JEE implementation.
Switching complete to GlassFish is not possible for me because JBoss is already running as
AS for different projects in my company and my project is only an extension for one of the
other projects.
So I think I have to manage it with JSP 2.0 or wait for an JBoss-release with JSP 2.1.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Tracy Nelson [mailto:tnelson@factsmgt.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. September 2006 17:27
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: RE: Tomcat, MyFaces and JSP 2.1

| From: Döring Markus [mailto:Markus.Doering@tcc-products.de]
| Subject: Tomcat, MyFaces and JSP 2.1
|
| If not can I use only the JSP 2.1
| implementation of GlassFish without changing the other parts of the JEE
| implementation?

You mean just use GlassFish as the web container, and continue to use JBoss as your JEE container?
 I wouldn't think so, unless you're going to create separate WAR files for the web interface
and the rest of the application.  Hmmm, and how would you tell GF to invoke EJBs on JBoss
-- I don't think JEE containers are designed to be able to do that (why call another EJB container
when *you're* an EJB container?).

OTOH, if you mean can you swap GlassFish for JBoss, it shouldn't be that hard, depending on
what sort of JBoss-specific coding you have (maybe config parameters in your DD).  Harder
of course if you're depending on JBoss-specific facilities (e.g., hot re-deploy).  But if
you're sticking pretty closely to the JEE spec, then you should be able to just drop your
WAR file and run with it.