tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "joon yoo" <jyoo1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Tomcat 5.5.15, [173 javajni.c] [error] %1 is not a valid Win32 application
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 15:26:52 GMT
Mr. Lau,

Thank you very much for this batch file, it was a great help in
getting tomcat 5.5.17 running on my 64bit win2k3 install.

May I ask if you would possibly add some java memory management
options to the batch file so that it may take advantage of the 64bit
jvm?

With great appreciation and gratitude,

joon yoo

On 4/6/06, Juan Jose Garcia Lau <jgarcia@cuscatlanguate.com> wrote:
> No Matt I didn't get answer, but I think the problem it's the program that run as a service:
tomcat5w.exe.  It runs as 32bit, so when this tries to start the tomcat at 64 bit gives the
error.

> But I resolve temporally this way:
>

> I make this bat file, just fix the path for your machine.

> if "%OS%" == "Windows_NT" setlocal
>

> SET JAVA_HOME=d:\jdk1.5.0_06
>
> SET CATALINA_HOME=d:\Tomcat_5.5.15
>

> start "Tomcat 5.5.15" "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -classpath "%JAVA_HOME%\lib\tools.jar;%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\bootstrap.jar"
-Dcatalina.home="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Dcatalina.base="%CATALINA_HOME%" -Djava.endorsed.dirs="%CATALINA_HOME%\common\endorsed"
-Djava.io.tmpdir="%CATALINA_HOME%\temp" -Djava.util.logging.manager=org.apache.juli.ClassLoaderLogManager
-Djava.util.logging.config.file=%CATALINA_HOME%\conf\logging.properties -Djava.security.manager
-Djava.security.policy=="%CATALINA_HOME%\conf\catalina.policy" org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
start