tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "William Chu" <foosti...@gmail.com>
Subject Why is tomcat trying to load hsql.jdbcDriver
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 17:09:05 GMT
Hello,

I am seeing the following exception when I am trying to start tomcat. I am
using tomcat4.  I am not using the hsql.jdbcDriver. I am trying to use the
mysql jdbc driver. Any ideas why?

javax.naming.NamingException: Exception creating DataSource:
org.hsql.jdbcDriver
        at
org.apache.naming.factory.TyrexDataSourceFactory.getObjectInstance(
TyrexDataSourceFactory.java:233)
        at org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory.getObjectInstance(
ResourceFactory.java:164)
        at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(
NamingManager.java:311)

Here is my server.xml file configuration for the jdbc driver.

<Resource name="jdbc/test" auth="Container"

            type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/test">

    <parameter>

      <name>user</name>

      <value>foo</value>

    </parameter>

    <parameter>

      <name>password</name>

      <value>bar</value>

    </parameter>

    <parameter>

      <name>driverClassName</name>

      <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>

    </parameter>

    <parameter>

      <name>driverName</name>

      <value>jdbc:mysql://helloworld.com/test</value>

    </parameter>

  </ResourceParams>

Thanks for the help!