tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sarath G -X \(sarag - Infosys at Cisco\)" <>
Subject TOmcat5.5.17 - jasper-runtime.jar ERROR
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 06:22:08 GMT

We have recently migrated from Tomcat 5.0.28 to Tomcat 5.5.17

In our component build we pre-compile all jsp files.

However after changing to Tomcat5.5 the Jsp Pre-Compilation fails and
throws the following ERROR:

/view/sarag-latest-cct-ccm/vob/ccm/Projects/car/jsp_files/MAMgrSearch_js org.apache.jsp.MAMgrSearch_jsp is not abstract and does not
override abstract method getDependants() in

    [javac] public final class MAMgrSearch_jsp extends

    [javac]              ^

/view/sarag-latest-cct-ccm/vob/ccm/Projects/car/jsp_files/MAMgrSearch_js getDependants() in org.apache.jsp.MAMgrSearch_jsp cannot
implement getDependants() in
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspSourceDependent; attempting to use
incompatible return type

    [javac] found   : java.lang.Object

    [javac] required: java.util.List

    [javac]   public Object getDependants() {

    [javac]                 ^

    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.

    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

    [javac] 100 errors

It looks like the files generated using JspC from
jasper-compile.jar is generating getDependants() method with signature:

List getDependants();

However the new jasper-runtime.jar expects a signature of the type:

Object getDependants();

Jasper-compiler.jar & jasper-runtime.jar are included in the class path
while compiling.

Is this a know issue? If yes, is there a work around for the same.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks & Regards