tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luke McLean <>
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 00:53:50 GMT

Thanks Ben,

I can follow that logic.  I have also found the imageDB sample app in the
Spring distro.  I am allowing people to upload an image then resizing it
into a Small, Medium and Large version (I figure it is better to resize and
store rather than resize on every use) however I have saved my images to the
database as bytea (byte[]) not BLOBs as per the sample app.  I have three
different resized images and I can use parameters to select the correct
image size to show.  I'm new to all this though and my learning curve is
still expotential!

I see that you refer to a method 'getData' on your image object,

1) how do you store you image data, and
2) what does the getData method look like? (do I need to do anthing other
than 'return data;'

Thanks for all this (I'm sooo close now!)

Luke, from New Zealand.

benshort wrote:
> httpServletResponse.getOutputStream().write(image.getData());

Sent from the Tomcat - User forum at

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: