tomcat-users mailing list archives

From socio_pal <socio_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat startup error
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 19:55:25 GMT

I am new to tomcat and I am using tomcat version 5.5.16. After deplying the
tar files in tomcat, I tried to start it using startup.sh and it throws me
the following error:

SEVERE: Begin event threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java:204)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Rule.begin(Rule.java:152)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1275)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(AbstractSAXParser.java:533)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(AbstractXMLDocumentParser.java:220)
        at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImp
Could anyone please tell me where the problem would be. I need an answer
ASAP, please.

Thanks,
socio