tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yusuf <>
Subject Tomcat Manager Commands via HTTP
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 08:17:02 GMT

I have a Tomcat server running on one machine with one webapp loaded. The
webapp itself is empty,
but there's a web service deployed to its context (ie. I have Axis running
inside the webapp!).
I need to restart either the webapp or Tomcat, and my question is how do I
do that?

I'm trying to execute Tomcat manager commands via HTTP.
How would I work around the login dialog? Is it possible to specify the
username and password as well?

If it's not possible, how else could I reload a webapp from a remote
(I'm trying the above method, but I don't want the login dialog)

If that's not possible, how would I restart a Tomcat service remotely?

Sent from the Tomcat - User forum at

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: