tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kurt Roy" <k...@prosrm.com>
Subject RE: tomcat 5.5.17 catalina.bat - dropping support for JPDA_OPTS environment variable?
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 16:35:55 GMT

Hello,

Thanks for responding to my post - I didn't think anyone would!

Attached is a zip file containing revised catalina.sh and catalina.bat
files supporting JPDA_OPTS (supported in tomcat 4.1.18), and support for
a new JPDA_SUSPEND.

catalina.sh changes:

1. Documented JPDA_OPTS in the script (this was missing)
2. Added support for JPDA_SUSPEND environment variable. If not
specified, it defaults to "n" (backward compatible).

catalina.bat changes:

1. Added back support for JPDA_OPTS. I basically re-implemented as it
was in tomcat 4.1.18. Note that its only implemented in the non-security
execution branch (this is how it was in tomcat 4.1.18).

2. Documented JPDA_OPTS in the script.

3. Added support for JPDA_SUSPEND environment variable. If not
specified, it defaults to "n" (backward compatible).

I am sorry, I have never contributed anything to open source before, so
I am not sure about the procedure. You offered to take a look, so I am
sending this to you.

If you think this is OK, you can check it in, or you can point me to the
instructions on how to contribute.

Let me know either way.

Thanks,

Kurt Roy