tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rizwan Merchant <rizwan.merch...@sysconet.ca>
Subject Shutdown log - deallocating instances
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2006 02:14:33 GMT

Hi,
We have been running a couple of web application on a tomcat 5.5 server.
The OS is Linux based FC4.
Off late, I have been noticing that during a shutdown of the server I
see a message
"Waiting for xx instance(s) to be deallocated"

The xx number varies (today it was 154). Can someone tell me what this
means and if I should worry about this at all? So far the server behaves
well and we have not come across any hanging type situations. But we are
slowly moving into full production mode and I want to make sure this
will not cause a problem down the line...

Thanks for the help.

Here is the log from the last shutdown...

2006-09-28 21:45:06,722 [main] INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper - Waiting for 1 instance(s) to
be deallocated
2006-09-28 21:45:07,742 [main] INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper - Waiting for 1 instance(s) to
be deallocated
2006-09-28 21:45:08,762 [main] INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper - Waiting for 1 instance(s) to
be deallocated
2006-09-28 21:45:08,866 [main] INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper - Waiting for 154 instance(s)
to be deallocated
2006-09-28 21:45:09,885 [main] INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper - Waiting for 154 instance(s)
to be deallocated
2006-09-28 21:45:10,905 [main] INFO
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper - Waiting for 154 instance(s)
to be deallocated
2006-09-28 21:45:11,820 [main] INFO
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol - Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1
on http-8080