tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Barclay Curtis" <barclay.cur...@nexusmedia.com>
Subject Dev Environment Setup can't find WEB-INF/lib
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:38:10 GMT
Hi,

I am a tomcat newbie, and have the task of setting up a development
environment in Tomcat.
I have a site which is up and running on the live server, but I can't
get it to work in the development environment.

I have the latest version, Apache Tomcat 5.5.17, and have set it up to
use /home/myUser/myWebapps/ as the webapps dir.

It seems to be working as it displays a small amount of the site.
However it is dying part way through of NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xpath/XPathException.
The correct classes are all there in the WEB-INF/lib folder, and it is
using them with no problem on the live server.

Does anyone know why it won't find the libraries?

I've been searching around, and its quite a common problem, but none of
the solutions I've found work for me.

Thanks
Barclay
This message (and any [associated] attached files) is intended only for the use of the individual
or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential, subject
to copyright or constitutes a trade secret. If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, copying or distribution of this message, or files
associated with this message, or the use of any information contained either in the email
or in the attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it, and any attachment, from
your computer. Messages sent to and from us may be monitored by us.

Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could
be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses.
Therefore, we do not accept responsibility of any kind or nature for any errors or omissions
that are present in this message, or any attachment, that have arisen as a result of e-mail
transmission.  Neither will be responsible for any viruses or other file that is capable of
altering, corrupting or otherwise changing files or computer software on your computer system.
Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the company Nexus Media Communications.