tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: HTTP 408 Login timeout
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:56:59 GMT
If you have a custom error page set up you can trap the 408 response
code and redirect to an appropriate resource. Works for me :)

Alternatively, you can set up a meta refresh on your login page so you
never get the 408. Of course, because the refresh has to go to some
protected page and not back to the login page you lose the exact
protected resource that the user originally requested. But hey, they
couldn't have wanted it that badly if the session timed out while
waiting to login ;)

HTH,

Jon