tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: Restrict Session In One Browser!
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:40:47 GMT
Hi Alexander.
Because tomcat use a session cookie (JSESSIONID), the sessions are
already limited to one per browers, except if the user deactivate
cookie, in which case only the Url rewriting mecanism is used. In the
last mecanism, if the flow of page is interrupted (by accessing an url
not rewritted with session id), a new session will be created.
Anyway, nothing prevents user to start 2 Browsers.

Alexander Khoo a écrit :
> Dear users,
>
> Can anyone help on restricting 1 session per browser?
> what we are trying to archieve here is when the users sucessfully login to our server
& establish a session, we want that session to lock in that current browser & when
another browser is open it show the previous login page again!!!