tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Heiko Klein <Heiko.Kl...@gmx.net>
Subject Persistent session after browser restart, cookie expiration
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:27:55 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently moving an web-application from custom-made to
tomcat-servlet. Before, I used my own cookie management to store
user-preferences. The cookies had a persistence on the browser of 1
year, if the browser-configuration allowed that.

The default tomcat cookies for session-management seem to be deleted
with browser-restart. How can I keep a session open even if the user
restarts his computer? Or in other words, how can I set the 'Expires'
field of the session-cookie send to the browser?

Best regards,

Heiko