tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Legolas Woodland <legola...@gmail.com>
Subject problem with tomcat JDBC realm , i can not login and all configuration are correct
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 08:50:05 GMT
Hi
Thank you for reading my post
i have problem with tomcat JDBC realm
I defined a jdbc realm in server.xml also i configured my application to
use Realms
but it never login into system ,it always send me to login_error page
instead of logging in to the syste.
I should say that when i creaete my own realm in server.xml ,i can not
login into admin console anymore.
are these two relevant ?
should i comment or uncomment more stuff in server.xml ?
how an application knows which realm it should use ?

another question that i have is about users / users_role / roles tables
should i create all these tables ?my users allways has one role , so i
create one table and
it contains also role column , i mapped these in server.xml .
can it be a problem for tomcat ? is it manedatory to use 3 tables ?

I attached my web.xml section that is related to security and also
server.xml section that is related to security and realms

I should say that i double check JDBC driver to be in place , double
check connection url ...

thank you very much.

-----------------------web.xml begin-------------------------
 <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>all</web-resource-name>
            <url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
            <role-name>manager</role-name>
            <role-name>user</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>
        <user-data-constraint>
            <transport-guarantee>NONE</transport-guarantee>
        </user-data-constraint>
    </security-constraint>
    <login-config>
        <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
        <form-login-config>
            <form-login-page>/login.html</form-login-page>
            <form-error-page>/login_error.html</form-error-page>
        </form-login-config>
    </login-config>
    <security-role>
        <role-name>manager</role-name>
    </security-role>
    <security-role>
        <role-name>user</role-name>
    </security-role>

--------------------------server.xml---------------------------
      <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance will be shared
globally -->

      <!-- This Realm uses the UserDatabase configured in the global JNDI
           resources under the key "UserDatabase".  Any edits
           that are performed against this UserDatabase are immediately
           available for use by the Realm.  -->
           <!--
           by masoud
             resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
      -->
      <!-- Comment out the old realm but leave here for now in case we
           need to go back quickly -->
      <!--
      -->

      <!-- Replace the above Realm with one of the following to get a Realm
           stored in a database and accessed via JDBC -->

      <!--
      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
             driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
          connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/authority"
         connectionName="test" connectionPassword="test"
              userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
userCredCol="user_pass"
          userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />
      -->

      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
             driverName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
          connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@127.0.0.1:1521:ftdb"
         connectionName="hr" connectionPassword="hr"
              userTable="users" userNameCol="username"
userCredCol="password"
          userRoleTable="users" roleNameCol="role_name" />

      <!--
      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
             driverName="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"
          connectionURL="jdbc:odbc:CATALINA"
              userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name"
userCredCol="user_pass"
          userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />
      -->

  CREATE TABLE "HR"."USERS"
   (    "NAME" VARCHAR2(32 CHAR),
    "USER_ID" NUMBER,
    "LASTNAME" VARCHAR2(32 CHAR),
    "USERNAME" VARCHAR2(32 CHAR),
    "PASSWORD" VARCHAR2(32 CHAR),
    "ROLE_NAME" VARCHAR2(128 CHAR),
     CONSTRAINT "USERS_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("USER_ID") ENABLE
   ) ;