tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Garthfield Carter <tom...@webconexion.net>
Subject Re: Tomcat Server Administration - Change Path?
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:50:17 GMT
Obvisouly my comments below may be of no use to you whatsoever if you
don't have or have no intention of having an Apache front-end.

Pontius Malmberg wrote:

> Hi everyone:
> I've been working on this issue for over a week, and can't seem to
> figure out how or if it's possible at all.
> I would like to change the default path /admin/ for Tomcat Server
> Administration for Tomcat 5.5 to be /tomcat-admin/ instead.
> Anyone have idea how to do this?

If it's really taking that much time to find a solution and you have an
Apache front-end I would use mod_rewrite to achieve this it would be
much quicker.

> A few web sites on my server are using http://www.domain.com/admin/ as
> their admin backroom, however, after installing Tomcat on the server,
> now it goes to Tomcat Server Administration instead. Even though the
> web sites have an admin folder located inside their web directory. I
> did some research and it seems that there is file somewhere on the
> server that is associated with Tomcat which tells Tomcat that by
> default if someone types in http://www.domain.com/admin/index.jsp it
> goes to Tomcat Server Administration login page.

If you had an Apache front-end you could add a JkUnmount statement for
that virtual host to stop /admin* requests being forwarded to Tomcat.