tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Dies Koper <d...@jp.fujitsu.com>
Subject Re: Server cannot access http://localhost:8080 after unknown event
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 00:51:18 GMT
Hello Andrew,

Could it be that Tomcat is busy garbage collecting?
I see your machine has a lot of memory. If you set your VM size so big
and that memory is all used by Tomcat or your application, garbage
collection cycles are bound to take longer (all objects in memory have
to be checked to see if any can be garbage collected).
Googling for garbage collection, monitoring and Tomcat might lead you to
information how to track and solve this, but if it only occurs once in a
while...
I'm looking forward to hearing input from others on the list.

HTH,
Dies