tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "asaf.lahav" <>
Subject RE: stopping a tomcat web application
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 09:50:34 GMT
Isn't there a way to stop a tomcat web application using code?
Tomcat provides an administration interface which enables starting and
stopping of specific web applications.
Can anyone point me to the web application management code?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikolaj Rydzewski []
Sent: Sunday, September 03, 2006 11:04 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: stopping a tomcat web application

asaf.lahav wrote:
> I would like to know whether and how it's possible to stop the web
> application from continuing the start sequence in case something goes
> in the initialize sequence?
I don't know how this compares to specification, but throwing an
exception in contextInitialized() stops deployment procedure. The
application is unsuable then, but maybe this is what you want.

Mikolaj Rydzewski      <>
                    PGP KeyID: 8b12ab02
There are three kinds of people: men, women and unix.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message