tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devli...@hanik.com>
Subject Re: Low performance with Tomcat APR
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:49:16 GMT
if (your max nr of open connections) < Connector.maxThreads ) then
  the regular connector is better, and will always be as it is using
blocking IO
else
  APR will scale better, as it can keep a larger set of keep alive
connections open
end

Your biggest gain on the APR connector is if you are using Tomcat SSL,
its probably 20 times faster (if not more) than the java blocking connector.
There is a bug in APR SSL handshaking that was fixed recently and is
available in
http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/v5.5.18-beta-1/

Filip