tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leon Rosenberg" <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: moving from win2k sp4 to win2k3 64bit
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 03:30:52 GMT
hi,

yes it would make very much sense :-)

just don't forget to upgrade your java to a 64 bit version (since 1.5
for suns jdk, 1.5_08 is the latest) and sky is your limit for java's
memory.

To give java more memory than 4g just use the -Xms/-Xmx options:

java -Xmx6g for example.

For tomcat you have to set memory in the catalina.bat  as JAVA_OPTS variable:
JAVA_OPTS="-mx6g -ms6g" for 6gb.

regards
Leon