tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "prakash shanmugam" <prakash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: connection pooling in Linux using Tomcat 5.0.x and MYSQL
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 05:37:34 GMT
hai all
    thank for u r care and intrest insolving the issue.
now i had one more issue to be solved before implementing the connection
pooling.
the problem is
in my project, i have few pages it will be view by more then one person
through intrenet. when one are more person trying to acuss the same page at
the same time one person is getting "OPERATION NOT ALLOWED AFTERRESULT SET
IS CLOSED" error

i had used jsp servlet and bean file in my project
here by i will send  my bean file used for database connection

package com.pts.database;
import java.io.*;
import java.sql.*;
import java.net.*;

public class DBCon
{
   private static final String DriverClass = "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver";
   private static final String CONNECTION_STRING = "jdbc:mysql://";
   private static final String PORT = "3306";
   private static final String DATABASE = "opts";
   private static final String user = "dav";
   private static final String pwd="";
   private static Connection  con = null;
   private static Statement stmt = null;
   private static Statement stmt2 = null;
   private static PreparedStatement pst = null;
   private static ResultSet rs = null;
   private static int count = 0;

   public static  void assignCon()
   {
       // String CONNECTION_IP="";
        //try{
           // InetAddress ia = InetAddress.getLocalHost();
            //CONNECTION_IP=ia.getHostAddress();
         String CONNECTION_IP="100.100.100.6";
         //System.out.println("inside servlet DBCon file");
        // System.out.println("u r database IP is "+CONNECTION_IP);
        //}catch(UnknownHostException ue){System.out.println(ue);}

        try{
            Class.forName(DriverClass).newInstance();
        }
        catch(ClassNotFoundException ce){System.out.println(ce);}
        catch(InstantiationException ie){}
        catch(IllegalAccessException ie1){}

        try
        {
            con = DriverManager.getConnection
(CONNECTION_STRING+CONNECTION_IP+":"+PORT+"/"+DATABASE,user,pwd);
            stmt = con.createStatement();
            stmt2 = con.createStatement(ResultSet.TYPE_SCROLL_INSENSITIVE,
ResultSet.CONCUR_READ_ONLY);
        }catch(SQLException sqle){System.out.println("STMT:"+sqle);}
   }
   public  static ResultSet retrieveFromDB(String sql) throws SQLException
   {
        return (stmt.executeQuery(sql));
   }
   public  static ResultSet retrieveScrollDB(String sql) throws SQLException
   {
        return (stmt2.executeQuery(sql));
   }
   public  static int updateDB(String sql) throws SQLException
   {
        return (stmt.executeUpdate(sql));
   }
   public  static PreparedStatement prepareStmt(String sql) throws
SQLException{
  pst=con.prepareStatement(sql);
     return pst;
   }
   public  static ResultSet getProjectsList() throws SQLException{
  rs=((PreparedStatement)con.prepareStatement("select projID,projName from
proj_det where delFlag=0 || delFlag IS NULL")).executeQuery();
     return rs;
  // public staic ResultSet getProjectList() Throws
   }

   public static Connection getConn() {
     return con;
   }
   public static Statement getStmt()
   {
     return stmt;
   }
   public  static void closeAll() throws SQLException
   {
     rs.close();
     stmt.close();
     stmt2.close();