tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "prakash shanmugam" <prakash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: connection pooling in Linux using Tomcat 5.0.x and MYSQL
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2006 04:45:15 GMT
hai david,
  thank for sending those help files.now we are using tomcat 5.0.x.
our database is mysql and the Driver is com.sql.jdbc.Driver.

when i am calling the jsp pages in my project its working fine,if i am
trying to communicate with database errorpage  is thrown.
******************
i had tried to create new *jndi* name through tomcat admin page.but the
changes are not reflecting in the usr/j-tomcat5.0/config/server.xml

instead linux is creating a new xml file named as server.xml(plus date and
time of creation) inthe same directory  Even in that  xml file also i cont
see the jndi name and other changes, which i had done through admin page.

i want to know how to configure the jndi name in the server.xml file

since i am new to linux with tomcat i cont proceed with things, please guide
me in the right direction

bye
with regards
prakash s