tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "prakash shanmugam" <prakash...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: connection pooling in Linux using Tomcat 5.0.x and MYSQL
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 08:36:27 GMT
hai Li,
  ur  gussing is correct, i am using JNDI DS, here by i had pasted the code
which is appended in the *server.xml. *

*server.xml*

<Context className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext"
cachingAllowed="true" charsetMapperClass="
org.apache.catalina.util.CharsetMapper" cookies="true" crossContext="false"
debug="0" displayName="Project Tracking System" docBase="opts7"
mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextMapper" path="/opts7"
privileged="false" reloadable="true" swallowOutput="false" useNaming="true"
wrapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper">

          <Resource name="mine" scope="Shareable" type="javax.sql.DataSource
"/>
          <ResourceParams name="mine">
            <parameter>
              <name>maxWait</name>
              <value>5000</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>maxActive</name>
              <value>200</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>password</name>
              <value></value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>url</name>
              <value>jdbc:mysql://100.100.100.6:3306/opts</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>driverClassName</name>
              <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>maxIdle</name>
              <value>10</value>
            </parameter>
            <parameter>
              <name>username</name>
              <value>dav</value>
            </parameter>
          </ResourceParams>
        </Context>

      </Host>

    </Engine>
*web.xml*

<resource-ref>
      <description> DB Connection Pooling</description>
      <res-ref-name>mine</res-ref-name>
      <res-type> javax.sql.DataSource</res-type>
      <res-auth> Container</res-auth>
  </resource-ref>

The above pasted code is working fine in windows, but our server in linux.
we cont able to communicate to the database. please, check where i had went
wrong...

bye
with regrds
prakash