tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Khoo <alexander_k...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Restrict Session In One Browser!
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 04:00:35 GMT
Hi,

Thanks,This has been resolve by encode the jsessionid into the a frame,Now when user create
a new windows the login page will show.

Regards,
Alexander

----- Original Message ----
From: Michael Jouravlev <jmikus@gmail.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>; Alexander Khoo <alexander_khoo@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:15:01 AM
Subject: Re: Restrict Session In One Browser!

On 9/20/06, Alexander Khoo <alexander_khoo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> Can anyone help on restricting 1 session per browser?
> what we are trying to archieve here is when the users sucessfully login to our server
& establish a session, we want that session to lock in that current browser & when
another browser is open it show the previous login page again!!!

> Please Help!!!

Use Firefox, is starts only one session per website.

On the other hand, someone recently posted that MSIE starts a new
process if you start if from Explorer, and does not start a new
process if you open a new window with Ctrl+N. Your experience seem to
prove that Ctrl+N actually *do* start a new process. If so, then
again, use Firefox.