tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Khoo <alexander_k...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Restrict Session In One Browser!
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:10:45 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for the answer! I have tried but the problem is when i sucessfully login in to the
page & click "CTRL N" to open another browser & click refresh the previous screen
appear.So i got 2 sucessfully login page now! & we are trying to lock the URL aswell from
showing the jsessionid...for example:

1) http://www.abc.com/test/index.jsp;jsessionid12323213

2) http://www.abc.com/test/ (this also apply to other page within the same browser if user
click)

Regards,
Alexander Khoo

----- Original Message ----
From: David Delbecq <delbd@oma.be>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 4:40:47 PM
Subject: Re: Restrict Session In One Browser!

Hi Alexander.
Because tomcat use a session cookie (JSESSIONID), the sessions are
already limited to one per browers, except if the user deactivate
cookie, in which case only the Url rewriting mecanism is used. In the
last mecanism, if the flow of page is interrupted (by accessing an url
not rewritted with session id), a new session will be created.
Anyway, nothing prevents user to start 2 Browsers.

Alexander Khoo a écrit :
> Dear users,
>
> Can anyone help on restricting 1 session per browser?
> what we are trying to archieve here is when the users sucessfully login to our server
& establish a session, we want that session to lock in that current browser & when
another browser is open it show the previous login page again!!!