tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sameer Acharya <>
Subject RE: Database connection pooling in Tomcat 5.5
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:35:05 GMT
I have a datasource defined similar to yours I get this error when I try to use

ds.getConnection("username", "password");

but if I just use ds.getConnection(); it works fine.

Darren Hall <> wrote: Is there any other information I can supply to help
people help me
understand why I'm getting this error (below)?

> I've made some progress on this. I'm now receiving a "SQLNestedException:
> Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory" error when calling getConnection
> on the DataSource object retrieved from my connection pool. Here is the
> stack trace:
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
> PoolableConnectionFactory (ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon
> denied)
> at
> at
> at

> You are likely connecting to the wrong catalog.  Is the pool parameter
> defaultCatalog set?

That's specified in my Context, correct? If so, then no, I don't have my
defaultCatalog parameter set.

Here is my context.xml file (comments removed, as well as domain uname and

        debug="5" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">

              username="(uname)" password="(passwd)"
    maxActive="20" maxIdle="10"
              maxWait="-1" removeAbandoned="true"

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing." Edmund Burke

Stay in the know. Pulse on the new  Check it out.