tomcat-users mailing list archives

From keyur sheth <keyur272...@yahoo.com>
Subject Regarding SSL (http-https) installation or importing the trusted certificate
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:48:42 GMT
Hi everybody,

                     I am trying to convert the tomcat container from http to https. But I
want to do it by installing the trusted certificate. So I wanted to know how would you install
the trusted certificate into your keystore.

                     First of all I created the CSR and send it to the CA who will sign the
CSR and returned me a chain of certificates. One is root certificate, intermediate certifcate
and the CSR signed certificate. So I created the CSR with alias tomcat. Now I have a confusion
of how should I install or import the certificate into the keystore. I can import the root
certificate by creating the alias root, the chain certificate by creating the alias chain.
But the confusion I have is do I have to import the CSR signed certificate using the alias
tomcat only. Will it not tell that tomcat alias already exists? .. And if the alias are different
does it matter while importing the certificate?....

                      Waiting for your reply.

  Thanking you,

  Keyur