tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sameer Acharya <acharya_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Why cannot I put JSVC into a shell script to run
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:48:20 GMT
Are you saying that when you run a command from console it works but when you put it into a
shell script and try and run the script it doesnt work ?

Are you using the same command from console , did you try and do a ps to see if tomcat has
started/not started ?
Putting the entire command on one line shouldnt be an issue .
-Sameer

Patrick Wang <pwang@uclink.berkeley.edu> wrote: Hi,

I can only copy/paste the contents from startTomcat.sh to the console,
everything works fine. But when I run the command from
the console startTomcat.sh, it gave me no error, however the

ming/Q_21972914.html##> tomcat doesnot get started, I make sure the execute
rights is assigned, etc.

One thing is that I make all these strings into one single line in the
startTomcat.sh, will this have any effect?

./bin/jsvc -jvm

ming/Q_21972914.html##> server -Xdebug -Xnoagent
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,suspend=n,server=y
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=./common/endorsed -cp ./bin/bootstrap.jar -outfile
./logs/catalina.out -errfile ./logs/catalina.err
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

Do I need to setup the environment variable? However I can run the command from
the console without the environment setup either.

Pat