tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Duong BaTien <duong.bat...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Performance issue between http and https
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 19:22:18 GMT
In the previous subject: "Session dropped from https to http" i got the
following suggestion but did not get further opinion on the
"performance" argument.

On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 17:45 +0200, Andrés González wrote:
> What is the reason to mix http and https? Why don't you serve all your
> pages with https? I think the "performance" argument is not relevant
> anymore...

I change the subject to be more specific and seek advice on the choice
between (pure https) and (switching between http <-> https). Would it be much
simpler to just use https if the incremental performance is not significant?
How are you doing in your current web sites (the site load?).

Has some one done some test on the difference in performance?

Thanks
Duong BaTien
DBGROUPS