tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "bhaskar" <>
Subject RE: JNDI context in ServletContextListener
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 06:09:10 GMT
Below bug is similar to the issue which I am facing:
bug says:
DefaultContext JNDI behavior was a bit shaky with a few Tomcat releases, so
could be your issue is valid.  However:
- DefaultContext is gone altogether in Tomcat 5.5, replaced with a different

- JNDI resources work fine for both normal Contexts and via
GlobalNamingResources/ResourceLink: either one of those is a better approach

and more encouraged than using DefaultContext,
- Several Tomcat versions on the 5.0.x branch have been released since, so
you really must keep using DefaultContext you could try these later versions

Does it mean that it will solve my problem if I move from Tomcat 5.0.x to
Tomcat 5.5 ?

Please clarify

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: