tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Mixon" <rnmi...@qwest.net>
Subject RE: need help with .startup.sh
Date Sat, 02 Sep 2006 17:05:39 GMT
There is no need to change any of the shell scripts.

You need to set environment variable JAVA_OPTS with the desired option and
the tomcat scripts will pick it up automatically.

The catalina.sh script looks for a script called setenv.sh to set this and
other similar options. Here are the contents of a simple setenv.sh file that
might do something similar:
  JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m"
  export JAVA_OPTS

Or you can just set it in /etc/profile or ~/.profile (or equivalent for your
shell).

Hope this helps - Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Lee Chalupa [mailto:lchalupa@seelink.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 9:52 AM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: need help with .startup.sh

Hello:

I need help figuring out how to modify my tomcat deployment so when the JVM
starts it starts with a -server option.  There seems to be a bug in the jvm
implementation that fedoracore 4 is using and using this option when the jvm
starts corrects the problem at least from my application's perspective.

The problem is that I don't know what needs changing in the startup.sh or
whatever. The application is deployed on linux runing Fedora Core 4.

Could someone give me an idea what I need to edit. I know basic linux
administration.

Thanks

Lee