tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jeanna Geier" <jge...@apt-cafm.com>
Subject Error: No available certificate or key corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:56:08 GMT
Hi All-

I'm running into an odd problem and am hoping that someone out there can help me!

I'm trying to configure and run SSL; I am able to create, startup and run everyting when I
am using a self-signed certificate. (Yeah!)

However, when I attempt to use a trial certificate from thawte (which is where we want to
get to), I am getting an error.  Here's what I'v done (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/ssl-howto.html):

  - created a local Certificate: >keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA

  I didn't get a 'chain certificate' with my free trial, so for the next step, I imported
the certificate I got from Thawte:

  - keytool -import -alias root -keystore C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\.keystore
-trustcacerts -file C:\thawte_ca_cert.cert

  Then I imported the new certificate under my tomcat user:

  - keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\.keystore
-trustcacerts -file C:\thawte_ca_cert.cert

According to the directions, that should be it; however, when I go to start Tomcat, I get
the following error:

        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.jsse.JSSESocketFactory.acceptSocket(JSSESocketFactory.java:113)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:368)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:549)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Sep 8, 2006 1:34:04 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint acceptSocket
WARNING: Reinitializing ServerSocket
Sep 8, 2006 1:34:04 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint acceptSocket
SEVERE: Endpoint [SSL: ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=443]] ignored exception:
java.net.SocketException: SSL handshake errorjavax.net.ssl.SSLException: No available certificate
or key corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.
java.net.SocketException: SSL handshake errorjavax.net.ssl.SSLException: No available certificate
or key corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.

When I search/google on this, it says that one cause could be "different passwords has been
used for the certificate and the Keystore. In this case, use the Keytool to change the password
of the certificate to match the password of the Keystore." - but that's not the case.

Please, any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!
-Jeanna