tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anca Barbuc" <an...@newyyz.com>
Subject Tomcat as a Service
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2006 18:41:29 GMT

Hi,

I am having a problem with starting Tomcat as a service.

Here are some of the details of the environment:
       Tomcat 5
        OS: MS Windows Server 2003 SP 1
        Ram: 960
        JDK: jdk1.5.0_07

If i start it manually with the starttom.bat it works.
If I go and try service install and then go to Administrative Tools and
services and try to start the servic it  will not work.

I get the following error:
Could not start Apache Tomcat Service on local computer

>>   Error 1053: The service did not respond to start or control request
>>   in a timely manner.

Any help would be great.
Thanks
ab