tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "James Howe" <mailingl...@wingspread.imap-mail.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5 Configuration Question
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 17:44:17 GMT
I'm trying to set up Tomcat 5.5 to run an internally developed web
application.  The machine on which Tomcat is installed will only ever run
this one application.  I would like to install the application in such a
way that when a URL such as:

http://localhost:8080/

is entered, the user will be running my web application.  Right now the
'default' application brings me to the Tomcat page which has items on it
which allow me to manage the server.  I would like this application to be
located somewhere other than as the root application.  Also, I realize
that I could rename my .war file to be ROOT.war and it would likely expand
into ROOT and become the default application, but I want the application
to be stored in appname.war.

I've been running this application with Resin and in Resin I can configure
the root application in the resin.conf configuration file.  I've looked at
the various Tomcat configuration files and I can't figure out how, where
or if there is a way to do this.  Any tips on how I might go about doing
this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
James Howe