tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com>
Subject Re: Enabling https with a IBM JVM
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 04:40:34 GMT

"William Chu" <willchu@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:587f280f0608022101n279716b2w312e5c74663847ca@mail.gmail.com...
> Thanks Bill,
>
> Where do I add the include algorithm="IbmX509"? Which file should I
> add that in?

In server.xml as an attribute to the <Http10Connector ... /> tag.

> I am using Sun's JSSE jar files (jsse.jar, jcert.jar, and jnet.jar)
> but I'm just using an IBM JVM. Will that work?
If nothing else works, you could probably have them in $JAVA_HOME/lib/ext,
and put a suitable entry in the java.security file.  I don't know.  I've
never tried this configuration.

> If not, is there some documentation that you can point me to so that I
> can confirm that Tomcat 3.3.1 won't work with any other JVM's except
> for Sun's? I don't want to go to far down the wrong road ...

At one point, I believe I got it working (but this was several years ago, so
I don't remember the details :).  But I'm may have been using the
CoyoteConnector (which was available as an addon before 3.3.2 was released).