tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Gregor Schneider" <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Modifying saved URL from j_security_check
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:22:32 GMT
Hi list,

imagine a framed web-application: After session-timeout, the user clicks on
a link in an outer frame which has the inner frame as it's target.
What happens? j_security_check is called, login-page displayed,
authorization performed and saved url is requested. Unfortunately, your
framed view gets lost.

Therefore I'm looking for a possibility to modify the savedURL in
j_security_check.

I know that a filter in tomcat can't be applied to j_security_check, I've
tried a Valve, however, I can't access the neccesary objects like
org.apache.catalina.session, when inheriting from ValveBase.

Has anyone from the list ever manipulated j_security_check? Or does anybody
have an alternative solution (like writing an own j_security_chjeck)?

Inserting frame-breaks into the html-pages via Javascript is, unfortunately,
not an option.

Any suggestions higly appreciated!

Greg

PS.: We're talking about Tomcat 5.0.28