tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Miehs <and...@2sheds.de>
Subject Re: multiple virtual hosts and ssl certificates
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:04:16 GMT

Peter is correct - I was just being a bit lazy in my answer...

The ssl connection is setup BEFORE any 'hostname' information is
passed over the link, and therefore the server would not know 'which'
virtual hostname's ssl certificate to use.

Therefore - 1 certificate per IP Address/ Port combination.

Cheers

Andrew